Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of immigration and nationality law.

It is for Italy citizens hard to get work and resident visa

It is for Italy citizens hard to get work and resident visa ??
What way is the best to apply if person lives in Italy ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

When you say your brother would like to move to the USA, do mean he wants to move here permanently? Or just for a limited, temporary time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

He wants to move permanently .

Suad,

There are only a few ways a person can move to the US permanently:

- family based immigration, where a family member who is a US citizen or permanent resident files a petition on his behalf and sponsors his immigrant visa and green card.

- employment based immigration, which requires the US government saying that an employer can hire a foreigner, and an employer to sponsor him for an employment based visa.

- Diversity Visa Lottery, where only 55,000 are issued each year from all over the world

- asylum/refugee status, which is very rare from Italy

- immigrant investor visa, which requires the immigrant to invest at least $500,000 into a new or existing business in an area of high unemployment in the US.

None of these are particularly "easy," since so many people want to immigrate to the US. If there is one of these that you would like me to explain, I can do that for you.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!

Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of immigration and nationality law.