Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.

I have my oath ceremony scheduled in 2 weeks. I plan on traveling

I have my oath ceremony scheduled in 2 weeks. I plan on traveling shortly after oath. Can I schedule my appointment with the passport agency now without it being considered as a false claim of US citizenship? I would want to schedule my appointment a day or 2 after the oath ceremony.
Thank you for your question. Yes, there is no harm in scheduling a passport appointment based upon the fact that you already know when the oath ceremony will be held. Merely scheduling an appointment with the Passport office at this point would not be considered to be a false claim of citizenship because there is not a written or verbal assertion that you are a US citizen. You are only planning ahead based upon the need to travel shortly after taking the oath.