Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hello, I am filling in N-400 applications and have a few questions: the

Hello, I am filling in N-400 applications and have a few questions:
the list of documents is requires:
1/proof of all earlier marriages
i have a divorce paper from court on foreign language. Is notary notarization of my signature and my translation is enough or does it has to be translated by certified agency and notarized by embassy?
2/if i left the country for some period of time ( i left for 5 times each 5 to 10 days) i need to submit tax return papers. Is it only first page required (with summary)of tax return or do I need to copy all the pages of 1040?
3/ also they ask rent papers and pay stabs. I have an agreement for previous years but when it expired I just continue to pay month by month. Do I need copies of last checks and if yes how many?

Thank you in advance,
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

1) It does not have to be notarized by the embassy, but if they are asking for the divorce papers, then you will need to have a full certified translation.

2) If they are asking for the taxes, then you need to send a full copy.

3) I would send the last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs and last 3 to 6 bank statements.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!