ravensrule1
ravensrule1, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a lawyer with 20 years of experience handling a wide variety of immigration cases.
65465077

I am from the US and my wife is from another country. We have

I am from the US and my wife is from another country. We have completed the I-130 and have collected almost all the paperwork we need to submit an initial package to USCIS.

My questions is about submitting copies versus originals with respect to the translation of the marriage certificate. My wife obtained a translation in her home country and scanned the pages and emailed it to me. As a result, I plan to submit the copies to USCIS with the word COPY marked in red on the top. Is this ok? I do this people many people and authors say don't send originals. Is this ok?

ravensrule1 :

You do not need to send originals with the I-130 petition. But you will need to send the originals to the National Visa Center once the I-130 is approved, if your wife is not in the US. If she is here, then you would need to bring the originals to the interview. Make sure you also send in completed G325 forms for each of you, as well as 2 notarized letters attesting to the bona fide nature of the marriage. I would be happy to help!

ravensrule1 :

Rick Moore

ravensrule1 :

Moore Law group, PA

ravensrule1 :

www.marylandimmigrationlaw.com

ravensrule1 : [email protected]
Customer:

Ok, yes our package will include all those things, thanks.

Customer:

It sounds like it is ok to send copies of the marriage certificate translation at this initial stage.