Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

TN Visa for Canadian denied at WA land border crossing for

TN Visa for Canadian denied at WA land border crossing for job in Florida

I was denied for two reasons; 1) my start date wasn't on the employer's USCIS TN visa support letter (but was on my contract which I showed them) and 2) I didn't have my flight booked to Orlando, FL from SeaTac at the time. The agent said I needed to show I was going immediately to the jobsite.

#1 is nitpicky, but I'm getting a new letter with the July 15 start date on it.

#2 I now have my flight booked for July 12 from SeaTac to Orlando and will have my flight itinerary with me when I retry the TN visa. The reason I didn't have the flight booked in the first place was I wanted to make sure I got the visa first.

Does it look like I've addressed the issues sufficiently and if so, how soon can I go to the border to retry for the visa? I'd like to get it out of the way as soon as possible so I have enough time before the flight to rectify issues, should any arise.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Yes, very nitpicky! It was a border patrol on steroids because you did not have to have your flight booked directly to Orlando and as long as the contract has your start date and the letter specified the period of employment and that it was temporary they could have let you in!
However, they have beat you up, inconvenienced and embarassed you so they should be very happy now that you have been a good TN worker and complied with their demands.
I would suggest you go 3-4 hours ahead of your flight.
If they give you trouble again, ask for the supervisory TN officer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't doubt going through the border 3-4 hours before my flight would negate any issues regarding wanting to show I'd be traveling there ASAP, but I'd like to go a few days before the flight if at all possible.

How many days before the flight could I get away with when applying for the visa?

You should be able to do that 3-4 dys before the flight, there is nothing in the handbook that says you cannon, but you are dealing with people whose source of ego is controlling others.
Go when you want, it really won't make a difference if you have a reasonable officer. Otherwise, they will tell you to come back the day of your flights.
I wish I could give you a more black and shite answer, but we are not dealing with a real logical thought process/