Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

TN Visa application by Canadian - Need original diploma or

TN Visa application by Canadian - Need original diploma or is official transcript OK?

I'm a Canadian and I have a job offer in the US and will be traveling to the US border with various supporting documents. My issue is I don't have my original diploma. Mine was mislaid (or possibly thrown out in the garbage by my vindictive ex-wife). I called the school for a new one, but they said they don't reissue diplomas for graduates prior to a certain year. However, they do provide official transcripts in a sealed envelope stamped across the seal stating "Official Transcript", school's name and "***Not Official if Seal is Broken***", which I have now.

I also have opinion letters from Princeton University and University of Phoenix stating I have the equivalent of a Bachelor degree in Computer Science based on my education and years of experience.

Will I have problems getting a TN visa? Do I need to get a letter from the school stating they don't reissue diplomas for my graduation year?
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
The official transcript is acceptable evidence. You do not need the original diploma for the TN visa.
Judith