Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Hello and thank you for your help beforehand, I am German

Hello and thank you for your help beforehand,

I am German Student about to start a short semester in the USA I was diagnosed wit a bipolar disorder back in 2006. I did not answer the mental disorder question with a yes. I will be needing to take my medication with me. Will I have any problems at the airport? I know how to declare my madication but I am afraid that they will see the bipolar disorder as a mental disorder.

Thank you very much for your help

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
No bypolar disorder is not a mental illness that makes you inadmissible so you will simply travel with your medication as you have been directed and as you have done so in the past. Bipolar disorder does not make you a danger to yourself or others, that is a mental illness you have to disclose.