Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My parents just booked a Cruise o Grand Turk,Puerto Rico, Tortola

My parents just booked a Cruise o Grand Turk,Puerto Rico, Tortola and St Thomas for September. They have a Cuban passport and unexpired Alien Card. They are afraid they will not be able to get on the cruise or get of in the islands. Can you please help me with this info? Do they need visas for this places? Help!!!
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

So they are Permanent Residents of the US, holding Green Cards/Alien Resident Cards?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes...they have been in the US since 2002,They both have Alien Resident cards that are not expired and hold Cuban Passports that are not expired.

Thanks for the information. Please note that as you are in the US immigration section, where Experts can provide youwith answers and information related to US immigration. To that end, your parents are traveling to several places that are US territories, and therefore do not require visas to travel to PR and St. Thomas.

As far as requirements for other countries, US immigraiton Experts are not experts in those topics. But after doing some research, I've found that Permanent Residents of the US may be granted entry to the Turks and Caicos Islands without a Turks and Caicos Islands visa. As far as the British Virgin Islands, your parents may very well require a visa, as nationals of Cuba. They should contact the immigration department directly, to find out if they will, in fact, require visas. They can do so by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!