Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have sent a certified letter to USCIS for withdrawing I 130

I have sent a certified letter to USCIS for withdrawing I 130 for my husband as he has left us since 10 months.
How soon will USCIS act on it?
Can this letter be rescinded?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Do you mean you want to take him back? What did you write in the letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My parents want us back together. I am attaching a copy of the letter with this email. He applied for credit cards and loans on my name without permission. I have not filed a police report yet. I tried to attach the letter with this message but could not.

But what do you want to do? Are you asking if he can rescind it or if you can?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I can rescind it......

You can, but it may already be too late. You would have to send another letter asking it not to be withdrawn. If it is too late, you will have to file a new I-130. And of course, at the interview you will have to explain why you went through all those changes. You may have to show additional proof that your relationship is real. I mean if you can do it, not problem, but you will probably have to go through additional effort to prove the relationship is real. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is too late......I sent it about 10 days ago.

Ok. Unfortunately, since that is not a common process that requires form, there is no posted processing time, so it is impossible to know how quickly they act on it. But, you can try. They are still going to question you at the interview, regardless. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.