Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

So, do we have enough time? Do we have to renew the passport

So, do we have enough time? Do we have to renew the passport before sending the form?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
You said you could get the passport extended in the same day. So yes, I believe you would need to extend the passport first, then you must file the I-539 before July 17th. They like you to file it 45 days or more before expiration, but I have been successful with filing one day before expiration. But avoid that if you can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can I hire your firm to do it?
How much will it cost.
I wish you could, but I would get in trouble with this website if I became your attorney. But in a way that is good for you because since I cannot have you as a client, my only interest is to tell you the truth and not paint a situation where I can charge you lots of money to represent you. Sometimes lawyers do that to be able to charge more money. Anyway, you can look for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I spoke to the consulate and I was told I can have it renewed in one business day, now Can I do it my self,
I have the airline reservations, proof of why we need them to stay with us, and income proof for me (300K) and their business in Egypt.. Would you advise me on doing it my self given the time crunch?