Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Hi I recently received my green card E-18 after adjusted

I recently received my green card E-18 after adjusted status (March 2013). I have the opportunity to go to a new role but would ultimately be self-employed, can I do this on this green card?
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
How long were you employed by the multinational corp before you got your resident status?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was the company for 2 years in the Uk and 5 years in the US,

I would not see an issue after at least holding status for 6 months. I would strongly suggest postponing the new role until Mid Sept - Oct.

The burden is on you to prove you had an intent to continue your employment relationship at the time of adjustment. A reasonable period of time to continue the relationship following adjustment would be 6 - 7 months.
If you are terminated, then that shifts the burden because you didn't voluntarily leave.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Judith

I am not so worried about Citizenship which I believe your answer refers to. I am unclear however, whether my green card allows me to be self employed (in the same role and industry I am currently in of course) or if I have to be employed by a US company and can not be self employed on this green card?

The purpose of your getting permanent resident status was as a multinational national executive/manager whose business knowledge of the petitioner was critical to the direction and development of the company.
So I am not referring to citizenship in any way. I am referring to keeping the door of revocation closed for life.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies for not understanding. Your recommendation is that I stay with the same company for 6 months at least (although that is not stated in law as such) in case they revoke the green card?

My question to you is can I be self employed on an E18 green card?

Yes, but you need to maintain your employment with the petition for at least 6 months following adjustment of status to be safe from any future revocation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Judith, have a great weekend

And you as well. Your positive rating is appreciated. You can always request me for new questions in the future by beginning the question with "FOR JUDITH".