Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

I entered the US as a North American Indian. I am a Canadian

I entered the US as a North American Indian. I am a Canadian by birth. I tried to change my drivers license here in the US, I could not give any documents of legal presence. They wanted something, and the I-94 was suggested. Can I obtain this document.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Yes, you need to go to the border and have them issue you an I-94 saying you are in the US under the Jay Treaty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What documents do need, if any?

Here you go, step by step instructions on what you need to do. Once you get your I-94 to enter then you can apply for your green card here in the US.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a valid SSN, do really need to that process? Since 2001 I have lived worked in the US with a move back to Canada in late 2008, and returned 2012.

Yes, I'm sorry but under the new "Real ID Act" you need to go through the process to get your Driver license. Lots has changed in 4 years because of terrorism. They have tightened up all the DMV laws.