Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of private practice

My brothers wife of 1 year has slapped him with the retraining

Customer Question

My brother's wife of 1 year has slapped him with the retraining order. She filed it from Boston and He live in Dallas. She married him for a green card and He became her scapegoat. How can He remove the restraining order and revoke her green card? She was in a relationship and still seeing that guy.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Typically your brother would first asked the court to remove the restraining order. Please allow me to explain.

A temporary restraining order (TRO) is issued by the court if it appears on the face of the paperwork that a person is in reasonable fear. Typically a judge will sign the TRO immediately.

There will be a hearing at a later date to determine whether the TRO should be extended. At that hearing, your brother may present his side. If he is successful, the TRO will be dismissed.

After your brothers case is dismissed, he may submit the findings to immigration

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.

Hello Niraj,

I see that you left a "poor service" rating. I am not clear why. I am here and ready to answer your follow-up questions