Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Thank so much for the reply. I was never put on academic suspension

Thank so much for the reply. I was never put on academic suspension or terminated although i am afraid that i might be. My previous school released my SEVIS recored to my new school of which issued me a new i-20 (Transfer i-20). What confuses me is that the new school issued me a new i-20 before my final grades were out which is why am scared that my old school may dismiss which would affect my transfer to the new school. Would it affect my transfer to the new school?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Thank you for your request early this morning. I tried to respond to your question but to be sure about my answer I needed that addtitional information to give you a correct answer. In the meantime another expert took the question.
This is exactly the information I needed to know precisely where you stood in your SEVIS status.
Since the transfer out school released you and the new school issued you a new I-20 with a start date, you are in status. The transfer out school may no longer terminate you or dismiss you because you have been released by them to the new school.

Since the new school did not make your I-20 conditional on your grades they cannot terminate your SEVIS record because you have not violated any of their policies you!
You do NOT need to do any reinstatement because your admission was not contingent on reinstatement but with a date certain to start.. The transfer in school did not recpmmend any reinstatement.
You are in good shape to commence studies at the transfer in school on the date the program commences.
You do have to prove yourself and apply yourself to your studies this time.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for this additional information which enables me to give a very clear answer to you.
You can always start your new question threads with "FOR JUDITH" AND i AM AVAILABLE TO YOU 7 DAYS A WEEK.
I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.