Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

My friend filed for her removal of probation today and was

My friend filed for her removal of probation today and was told by her attorney that it will take 6 mo to a year to get her interview. Is this correct? If so, why would it take so long to get the interview?
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Yes, this is correct.
The short answer is because the USCIS is one of the least efficient and poorly managed government agencies.
The long answer is that after the I-751 is filed she is scheduled first for her biometrics which take 90-120 days and then no action can be taken on the petition until her security/background clearance comes back.