Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Hi, I applied for pre-completion OPT and USCIS received my

Hi, I applied for pre-completion OPT and USCIS received my file on May 28th. I got a job offer that starts next Monday, but my case is still pending. The work is in a different state, and I have bought my ticket. Is it for me to fly to the work location, just stay there without working while I was waiting for my EAD card?

Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Are you going to report to the job site and if so do observation?

Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Judith

yes, since I have bought the plane ticket already, I am planning to report to the job site. I am a pianist and the job is to accompany the students. I understand that I haven't received the EAD card, so I can't work. I will just be staying there, not doing any playing.

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
I don't see an issue with you doing strictly observation to become familiar with the process and procedures of the employer as long as you do no productive work. You cannot state on any resumes, job applications, etc., that you "reported to work". You are not reporting to work, you are merely spending your personal time observing.
Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the answer

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. If you found my answer helpful your positive rating is sincerely appreciated. if you have new future questions you may begin a new question thread with "FOR JUDITH" and you may have me as your personal immigration law expert!
Judith