Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

HELLO I AM TRAVLING TO HONDUARAS NEXT WEEK BUT CHILDSUPPORT

HELLO I AM TRAVLING TO HONDUARAS NEXT WEEK BUT CHILDSUPPORT SAYS THEY HAVE PUT A DENIAL REQUEST ON PASSPORT OR A HIT BUT NO WARRANTS ARE ISSUED CAN I STILL USE PASSPORT.

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

If you owe child support, you could have your U.S. Passport revoked. Take a look at this link:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/family/family_863.html

If you don't mind risking it, you would probably not have a problem leaving and using your U.S. Passport to enter other countries. The problem will be coming back to the U.S. When you come back, they will let you in, but they may confiscate and revoke your passport at that time and you will have to clear up the debt before you would obtain another one.

Another not so pretty option is if in the future you want to travel and you have citizenship from another country, you use that passport to leave the U.S. and enter other countries, and then come back using your birth certificate if you were born in the U.S. or your U.S. Citizenship Certificate if you naturalized or received automatic U.S. Citizenship. They will eventually let you back in, but they will detain you for awhile, scold you, etc. It won't be pretty, but at least you will get back in.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WAS BORN IN US AND I WONT HAVE A PROBLEM LEAVING 6/27......

Well, then you only have the 1st option. Since the U.S. doesn't have an exit control mechanism, you should be fine leaving. It's just the coming back where you would most likely lose your U.S. Passport, but you will get back in. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CAN THEY DENIA LEAVING ALSO OR ITS ONLY WHEN GOING THRU CUSTOMES......

As I said, the U.S. does NOT have an exit control method. The airlines and TSA just check the passport for ID purposes and you should NOT have a problem leaving. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT DOESENT SHOW THAT THERE IS A RED FLAG OR PROBLEM ON PASSPORT WHEN LEAVING CAUSE CHILDSUPPORT MENCIONED SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT I DONT BELIEVE THEM ABOUT LEAVING. ALSO DEPARTMENT OF STATE SAID ITS POSSIBLE THAT PASSPRT COULD BE PROBLEM DEPARTING DFW....

There is no way to guarantee it. But as I said, the airline will only check it for ID and TSA will only check it for ID. They don't run it through any computer, they just look at it for ID purposes. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DONT THEY RUN IT THRU THERE SCAN ON COMPUTER...

Sorry, but are you reading my responses? I just stated that they do NOT run it through a scanner. I know you are freaked about this, but I don't know how else to tell you. No attorney is going to give you a 100% guarantee that you will not have a problem, but I will repeat, they do NOT have an exit control method and they do NOT pass the passport through a scanner. Please rate me positively now. I will continue to answer your questions even after you do. Your question does not close. Thank you.