Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Do I need a French Airport Transit Visa if I am a US Citizen with a va

Do I need a French Airport Transit Visa if I am a US Citizen with a valid US passport, traveling with a connecting flight from Paris to Russia with a Valid Russian Visa? Would I need an Airport Transit visa From Russia back home also (round trip)
Thank you for using Just Answer/Pearl. Please note that I earn my living by helping customers like you. I only ask that once you've received your answers, you rate me positively based on the customer service I provide you, and not the outcome, for which the law sometimes does not have a good solution. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further.

As a US citizen, you do not require a visa to enter France for a short duration (up to 90 days), even on layover. It is part of an agreement with the US.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please reserve your rating for the very end of our conversation. If at that time you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. The bottom two negative ratings are reserved for pros who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to always be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!