Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I attended a junior college and my grades were not good. My

I attended a junior college and my grades were not good. My quarter GPA fell below a 2.0 three times of which is below immigration status for F-1 visas, although my cumulative GPA is above a 2.0. My most recent quarter GPA was also below immigration requirements although i had applied at another college to transfer to and got accepted. I went through document check at the new school and received a new temporary i-20 also known as a transfer pending i-20. Since my most recent GPA fell below a 2.0 and i was on a final warning whats going to happen? Will i have to leave the country immediately even though my cumulative GPA is above the requirement? And will the school i got into still have me or cancel my admission? I am really determined to work hard and study hard so i can graduate.

Oh my friend. Were you put on suspension by any of the schools or terminated? Has the school that gave you the final warning released your I-20 to the new school?

I will be out at an appointment most of the morning but will be back with you this afternoon.
Judith

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

I am really sorry to hear about your issues. Normally what can happen is that you would be put on academic probation and be given a chance to raise your GPA. IF your I-20 is terminated, you would have UP TO a 5 month period to apply for reinstatement. This is not easy to do and you should NOT wait around to do it. Don't wait until the 5th month to start your reinstatement process. The earlier you do it, the better it is. Since you have a transfer ongoing to another school, you can also take a look at this official link:

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm

And here is the law in regards XXXXX XXXXX reinstatement:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/FR/HTML/FR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-79324/0-0-0-85465/0-0-0-87514/0-0-0-87971.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.