Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Thank you! I believe that in my case, I need to start my immigration

Thank you! I believe that in my case, I need to start my immigration process in Brazil. If i need to travel to US it would not a problem if i prove that i will return to Brazil. Now, If I have a successful interview with the american company, could i get the H1B visa if i have a job offer letter ?
Yes, you could TRY to get an H-1B while inside of the U.S., but unless it is a cap-exempt company, there are no more H-1B visas available. You would have to apply on or after April 1, 2014 to begin work October 1, 2014. A cap-exempt company are institutions of higher education or its affiliated or related nonprofit entities or a nonprofit research organization, or a government research organization. Those are not subject to this numerical cap.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a possibilty that this American company offer me a H1-B visa ?
this company is not a cap-exempt company.
Is there a way for this company to hire me during of my immigration process ?
No. There is no possibility for an H-1B before October 1, 2014. I am truly sorry. But once you are done with the immigration process, you will be able to work for them anyway without the need of an H-1B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think that in my case if i start the process in Brazil and my Husband move to US before the end of my immigration process , Do i need to stay in Brazil without my daughter ?
Your daughter can stay with you, but you cannot use your daughter to speed up the process unless there is some medical emergency. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.