Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

We run trade shows in Canada for the last 10 years and we are

We run trade shows in Canada for the last 10 years and we are interested in running 1-2 shows in the USA. We would have to move there pretty much full time to get the shows off the ground and working. We would hire 1-2 staff and for the month of the shows we would hire 15-25 people. We would incorporate a company in the US as well. What would we need to do to be able to do this as per a visa or other requirements ???
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Do you own a business outside of the U.S. for 1 year or more?

How much money will you invest in the U.S. business?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, we have owned the business for 10 years in Canada.

The budget for a show would be between $150,000 & 200,000 per show and we would attract 20,000 plus attendees over 3 days. and would sell out 6-8 hotels at minimum.

Then the best visa would probably be the L-1A. You should invest $100,000 or more in an active business but the $100,000 or more cannot just be sitting in a bank account. It has to be invested and at risk. You must also continue to run the business outside of the U.S. as well. Here is an official link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=64d34b65bef27210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=64d34b65bef27210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

If you can hold on to the L-1A visa for a few years, you can get apply for a Lawful Permanent Residency status. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!