Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My husband was deported 3 years ago and we are working on getting

My husband was deported 3 years ago and we are working on getting him back in the united states. I want to get a divorce because I have moved on and have a child with another man. If i file for divorce will that cause him to get denied to come back to the united states?

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Unfortunately, yes. The whole basis for him coming back and for the waiver for him to come back is based upon marriage to you. His having a U.S. Citizen child does not help. I am truly sorry.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!