Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Do you have a sample letter that I can write to the judge?

Do you have a sample letter that I can write to the judge? How long does it take for the initial court appearance and the proceedings? Would there be an ICE prosecutor present? Why do they need a passport, anyway?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Below is a sample motion:

IN THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

EXECUTIVE OFFICE FOR IMMIGRATION REVIEW

OFFICE OF THE IMMIGRATION JUDGE

[city, state]

IN THE MATTER OF:

[your full name in capital letters],

ALIEN NO. [your A#]

Respondent.

IN REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS

__________________________________________________/

MOTION FOR MASTER HEARING

COMES NOW, the Respondent, [your name in capital letters] and moves this Honorable Court to continue this case and in support states as follows:

1.Respondent is a native and citizen of [your country] who entered the United States and became the subject of removal proceedings.

2.On [date], Respondent filed an I-130 petition due to marriage to a U.S. Citizen, (please see submitted exhibit I-797 receipt notice).

4.The I-130 was approved on [date], (please see attached I-797 approval notice).

5.The Respondent humbly requests a Master Hearing to request administrative closure of the Removal Proceedings pursuant to the approval of the I-130 to allow the Respondent to file an I-485 with USCIS or in the alternative, to file the I-485 with the court.

6.The government would not be prejudiced by granting this motion.

WHEREFORE, for good cause having been shown, undersigned Counsel requests that this honorable court grant a Master Hearing.

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing has been delivered by U.S. mail to the Office of the Chief Counsel, Department of Homeland Security, [address of ICE Chief Counsel]., on [date], 2013.

[your name]

[your address]

__________________________

[signature]

As to what they need a passport for, possibly for an additional ID. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you responded that ICE requested for my passport was "possibly for an additional ID", is this certain? Have you had this situation with you real clients that their passports were given back to them and not held back (except, maybe, those with new criminal case). I see people present their passports and then given back to them when leaving. Would I need a passport when contacted by NVC? All these questions are just coming to me now. Sorry :-)

No. It is not certain, but I think you are over-worrying about it. I have neved had this situation, unfortunately. And no, no passport would be needed to contact the NVC.