Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179
Immigration Law

what type of medical examination or drug testing is required

for a non-immigrant work visa... Show More
for a non-immigrant work visa application for the US being applied for in the UK at the US embassy? is this a standard blood and urine test?

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

They will be testing for communicable diseases, vaccines, and drug use. They are trying to make sure that the person coming to the U.S. is not a danger to the U.S. community and is not inadmissible to the U.S.

Here is the law on the subject:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-17138/0-0-0-17143.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information and links. Could you be a little more specific on the drug testing as i am interested if they test blood, urine and hair or just blood?

there is no issue i am just concerned if hair can be contaminated from being accidentally close to this kind of stuff in bars and clubs. Thanks

if you can answer both questions, i am happy with the response and will rate accordingly.

From my limited understanding (I am not a certified civil surgeons), they do not specifically test blood, urine or hair for drugs, but some of the tests that they do conduct could result in a bad test if there is the presence of some drug. I don't think you will have to worry about side-stream smoke getting into your hair, though. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

could you please provide me with a list of the tests they conduct and i will be very happy with this service. thank you.

This is the best that I can do for you:

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/technical-instructions-civil-surgeons.html

Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.