Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I have an employee in jail. He is facing deportation. Is there any way to prevent this and make it where he can return to work.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

How did he enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country is he from? How long ago did he enter the U.S.? How old was he when he entered the U.S.? And why is he in jail? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.
Hello. Are you looking up that information for me? I'd like to help, but I would need a little more information to give you the best answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already retained an attorney today. I no longer need your answer as I spent some time with the attorney and reviewed all of my questions.

I regret that I can not rate you one way or the other.

Probably would have been much cheaper and more complete the answers that I would have given you because since I am not allowed to represent you directly, I have no other interested in sugar-coating my answers while the attorney you retained could probably say, "yes, yes, he has a chance to get such and such relief..." but doesn't tell you that it is a 5% chance or less because he wants you to pay him and then after whatever happens fails, he will say, "Well, that happens. The law just wasn't on ourside." It doesn't mean he won't do work, spend time, go to hearings, etc., but I think if you knew the real deal, you may not want to spend thousands on a long-shot. But if you do not want to hear my answers and would rather have a refund, just let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I understand, but at the end of the day, this young man is still going to have to have an attorney.

I thank you but I do want a refund.

Thank you,

Fred x. xxxx

He doesn't have to have one. I have given legal advice to a number of people that couldn't afford an attorney and I saved them thousands and they ended up with the same result. But it's up to you. No problem.