Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I entered the US in a B2 visa. I started asylum processes which

Customer Question

I entered the US in a B2 visa. I started asylum processes which are still ongoing but in the middle I got married and had my I 130 approved. Im trying to fill in the form 485 but I dont now what my status is.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

You are before an immigration judge in immigration court or are processing the asylum with an Asylum Officer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im still before an inmigration judge. when i went to court last time the judge have me one more year and told me that ifthey approvedny I 130 i should go beforethe year ends to cancel the procedure.

Until your I-485 is filed, your status is pending removal from the U.S. as you are in removal proceedings. When your I-130 is finally approved, then you will either be able to file the I-485 with the immigration judge and get Residency like that, or you will be able to ask the judge for permission to administatively close your court case so that you can then file the I-485 with USCIS. I like to have the judge do the rest of the case and get Residency though the judge. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!