Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I WILL APPLY FOR L1 USA VISA, MY WIFE AND KIDS WILL GET L2,

I WILL APPLY FOR L1 USA VISA, MY WIFE AND KIDS WILL GET L2, MY LITTLE BROTHER LIVES WITH ME, CAN I APPLY FOR HIM FOR L2? THIS IS ONLY FOR MY KIDS? WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY BROTHER ? THANKS IN ADVANCE
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

How old is your little brother? The short answer is no, but I have a solution, but you may not like it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HE IS 7 YEARS OLD

Ok. The answer is no. The L-2 is only and exclusively for spouses and unmarried children under 21 of the L-1 principle. But where is the solution? You have to adopt your little brother fully before he turns 18. If you do, then he would be considered your child under the U.S. immigration law and you will be able to get him an L-2 visa. So if you want to do this, you will need to complete an adoption first. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!
Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hello,my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

I have another option.

If you are able to show your brother is a household member and has been living with you then he can apply for a B2 visa at the same time you apply for your L1 visa.

9 Foreign Affairs Manual at41.31 provides for that.

9 FAM 41.31 N14.4 Cohabitating Partners, Extended Family Members, and Other Household

Here is the link

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87206.pdf

Judith