A K-1 fiance visa is the appropriate visa if coming with the intent to get married to a citizen. Not to say it doesn't happen the other way -people arrive on a tourist visa and elope and get married -it's just not technically legal.

The risk is that if her intent when she visits isn't just for a visit, but to marry, and this is found out, there is a legal presumption of fraud, and penalities, including a ban from re-entering the U.S., can be imposed.

I think this quesiton would be better suited to an immigration attorney, so I am going to ask that a moderator move the question to that category.

Please do not reply back to this information request as that will only "lock" the question and send it back to me to answer, possibly delaying a response. When an immigration attorney answers you, you will be notified by the system.