Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.

I am a US citizen. I want to file a I-130 form for my mother

I am a US citizen. I want to file a I-130 form for my mother to come to America. She had overstayed her visa about 22 years ago, which makes her passed the the 10 years ban. She had left the country on her own without deportation, removal or anything like that. My question is on the I-130 form, question 16 "Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?" what should i put, no or yes? And if the answer is yes, what box should I check (removal, exclusion/deportation, rescission, proceedings).
You would check "no" for question number 16 because your mother has never been in immigration proceedings. Merely overstaying a visa is not considered to be immigration proceedings.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, can I ask another question? If yes, here is it, can i include my 3 sisters on the same form who are all under the age of 21 if i file today. if so, in first box, "I am filing this petition for my:.." can check both the parent and brother/sister box? or am I allowed only to check one.

Many thanks

Yes, you can ask follow-up questions. Unfortunately, "no" because you would need a separate I-130 for each family member.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome.