Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

RA-hg

Customer Question

dear sir, I have dual citizenship from Panamá, Republic of Panamá (my place of birth), and Portugal, which I was granted after several decades of working and residing in Macao, China. But now I would like to retire in Colombia and it may be possible for me to obtain a passort there. Is there such a thing as triple citizenship, and would it be allowed in Colombia? With many thanks for your answer at:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Unfortunately, we do not have experts on the laws of Colombia on this site. However, if you like, I can put in for a refund for you and you can go to our sister site www.justanswer.es and post your question in our Ley de Colombia forum and you should be able to get your answer there. Is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guillermo please excuse this late reply, it is the change in hours. Please go ahead and post my question in your sister site, I don't want to loose you and hope we can keep in touch. with my regards, XXXXX
Unfortunately, I cannot post it for you. This is not really my area. I'm an expert in U.S. immigration law. No worries. After you respond here, I will put in for a refund for you but you will need to post the question yourself in www.justanswer.es. Sorry about that. I wish I had admin rights to be able to do that, but I do not. I am just a legal expert/lawyer answering what I can. Sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is getting a bit confusing for me Guillermo, of course I am satisfied please keep the $30, hope that is o.k. now and that I did not forget to click any links.
No worries. Just go to www.justanswer.es and post the question in our Ley de Colombia section. I will take care of the refund on this end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guillermo thanks, I went to the justanswer "español" site you referred me to. There a lawyer claiming to be knowledgeable on the law of Colombia answered me, but &25 were requested (fair enough). Also my current email, the one you have, was blocked and I had to give them a different one. The last email I have received from them is one stating "Bienvenido", but still no answer to my specific question. I do hope this is all due to some misunderstanding and that they are looking into the matter. Grateful if you enlighten me.
Probably. Just give it time and they should respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Guillermo they did answer me after a while and it was a good answer, thank you. I have asked them another related question. I also rated you, did you see it? I will keep you in mind for the future.

No. I would have to answer which I will do now. It is not necessary, but if you like, you can rate the answer and that should work. But keep in mind that if you do, then they will not process the refund for this set of questions. So it is up to you. Just let me know if you need anything else. I'm glad it worked out for you!