Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Hello I need some legal advise on my N400 application with

Hello I need some legal advise on my N400 application with the USCIS. I filed an application for naturalization and later on realized that I had to file my back taxes before applying. I have filed those taxes which I ended up owing the IRS. I requested for a payment plan and waiting for a respond.

However my issue is that I filed my N400 application before filing my late taxes. I am trying to find out what I can do at this time.

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Please be aware that you have 4 posted questions and only 1 rated answer. It is very important that you leave a positive rating or I will not get paid for the time and effort that I spend to give you an answer.

If you get the interview date before you enter into the payment plan with the IRS, ask to reschedule the interview date. Hopefully you can reschedule so that you get the payment plan before the interview date. Then at the interview date, you ask to amend your N-400 and show them that you owe taxes but that you are in a payment plan with the IRS.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The IRS already have me in a payment plan I Just don't have the letter yet. But I was told will get it in 30 days which is before the interview. So can I take the one the sent me to the interview?
Yes, you can. That should be enough but hopefully you get the other letter before the interview as well. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.