Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.

I was caught driving without license inMaryland and that is

I was caught driving without license inMaryland and that is a must appear traffic violation. I was not finger printed or mug shotted.

Should I answer the arrested question as "no" or "yes"
Thank you for your question. What immigration application are you completing?

What you simply given a ticket?

Did you pay any type of bond with respect to appearing in court or were your released on your own recognizance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm trying to complete DS-160

I was given a ticket. Was let go by the officer,but was asked to meet the District court commissioner within 7 days and she fixed my trial date for July.

Thank you for your question. The safer answer would be "yes" and attach an explanation of the incident because an arrest is simply considered a stop. The fact that you were not fingerprinted suggests that this were not an arrest. If this incident itself does not result in a denial of the visa, there is a possibility of the US Consular determines that the information should have been disclosed which is why this the generally the safer option.

In any event, it would probably be a good idea for you to hire an attorney to verify whether there is an official arrest record.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no arrest record i guess. Thanks for the response. I will talk to an attorney as well.

No, it does not sound as if there would be but it is generally better to err on the side of caution. You are welcome.