How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to buy a propert in usa and live ther and not work for

This answer was rated:

i want to buy a propert in usa and live ther and not work for 6 months a year how can i do this

Thank you for your inquiry. There is no restriction with respect to you "visiting" the United States annually for a six month time period. However, the United States does not have a visa in which you could legally permanently reside in the United States for six months and there is not any guarantee that you would be approved every year for a visitor visa. Your permission in the United States would be determined by the U.S. Customs and Border officer granting you permission to stay in the United States for a period for up to six months upon entry in to the United States. To that extent, it is important to understand this uncertainty prior to purchasing the property. There are many banks available to provide loans for U.S. properties and a foreign national can always purchase a property in the United States with cash so the actual purchase of the property should not be an issue.


The process to enter the United States begins with your application for a non-immigrant visa at the nearest US Consulate in your home country.




Wilton A. Person and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions