Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
29360852

My mother is a permanent residence of USA who wants to petition

My mother is a permanent residence of USA who wants to petition for me to become a greencard holder. She lives in California with my sister. Does it has any requirement for the number of days she live in USA to be eligible?

Can she use a different mailing address in USA to communicate with immigration? The mailing address is located in a different State, or a PO Box?
Thank you for your question. No, there is not a specific physical presence requirement in order for your mother to be eligible. As long as she maintains her lawful permanent resident status, she would be eligible to file a petition for you as a green card holder.

No, she would need to use the address associated with the physical address where she actually resides.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You wrote "she would need to use the address associated with the physical address where she actually resides."

But sometimes she lives in USA alone, sometimes she resides in Canada with me. Nobody will take care of mails that immigration office send to her in her USA address. How many mails that immigration office will send? Are there any ways to resolve this awkward mailing situation?

Thank you for your response. If your mother's petition is a based upon her status as a lawful permanent resident of the United States, she would need to reflect an address that is actually in the United States.
I understand your point from a practical side but USCIS does not allow a proxy address.

She may wish to hire an immigration attorney to receive copies of correspondence from USCIS so that she does not miss any important correspondence but using an address different from her physical address would only leave to the potential that USCIS will inquire as to whether your mother is actually maintaining her permanent resident status in the United States.