How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother over 70-year-old. She has become green card holder

This answer was rated:

My mother over 70-year-old. She has become green card holder since 2011. Retired, no income. She has not filed income tax and at all. Does she need to file income tax for the past years?
Thank you for your question. Yes, all lawful permanent residents of the United States, (green card holders) are required to file an income tax return every year even if the person does not have any income so your mother would need to file taxes for the prior years in which she did not file taxes.
Wilton A. Person and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions