Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

How do I get a student Visa for my 7 and 6 year old kids to

How do I get a student Visa for my 7 and 6 year old kids to go to school in the USA if the school in not INS approved? I would move with them and I don't plan to work.

Hello,my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

The children cannot get an I-20 and student visa if the school is not certified to be in the SEVP - Student and Exchange Visitor Program.

You can only bring a student in to go to an approved school.

If the new immigration law is passed there may be a provision to allow those who invest in a residence over $500,000 to get a green card and they family gets one too.

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

If I get my son into a school that is INS approved, can my daughter and I go under his visa so she can and she can attend a public ?

You can go but your daughter has to also enroll in an approved school.

She is not allowed to stay based on him having the student visa. She needs her own.

You as the parent may accompany your son. You can keep extending your B status while he holds the F student status.

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

You are welcome. If I was helpful your positive rating will release the deposit so that I receive credit.

If you have future questions you can start the new question thread with "FOR JUDITH" and I will be your personal expert.

Judith