Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Hi again Jutith. First of all I am happy to say my boyfriend

Hi again Jutith. First of all I am happy to say my boyfriend and I came up with a deffinate plan. I have found all the documentation I need to fill out, submit, pay for, etc... But now I have so many questions that the government sites dont answer. I hope you can help.
First of all, our plan is for me to go to Turkey and get married to him. While everything is being processed for a K3 Spouse visa he plans on fulfilling his military duty in Turkey. So here are my questions:
1. Can I travel to Turkey with the intention of getting married or do I need a special visa or documentation to say why I'm going over there?
2. Can I submit for the K3 Visa at the US Consulate in Turkey or do I need to do this after returning to the US?
3. If I can submit it in Turkey, do I need to stay there for a certian amount of time for dealings with the consulate?
4. Will my boyfriend need to be avaliable for the consulate durring the processing time, or can he serve his millitary time durring this time?

I would love to stay in Turkey after we are married while he is serving his millitary time, but I know this process is expensive so I need to keep my job here in the US.
I live in a very rural part of Montana. I think there is a total of 5 or 6 lawyers in our area, none of them with much experience in immigration law. So thank you again for being so wonderful, even through all of my crazy questions and flip flopping. You have hepled so much to keep my mind at peace. I know information I get here doesnt stand a "Professional Legal Advice" that would hold up in a cour room or anything, but you are so great!
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

I don't believe you need a special visa other than a visitor visa because you will not be staying that long. I know others who married there and they went as tourists. Call the Turkish Embassy and verify

No, you have to have residence status there to file there.
You will have to come here and file.

Not Applicable

He can serve his military duty during the processing time. and take care of that obligation and have it done about the same time he will have his innterview.

Great progress! Nice Rosey.

Judith