Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

if i applied for my citizenship and never followed up on it

Customer Question

if i applied for my citizenship and never followed up on it how can i get to know my status if i dont have a number to check on it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

When did you apply? Did you get at least a receipt back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in 2003 i applied

yes and i did get a receipt but i lost it

Did you go to an interview? Or did you just get a receipt and that was it, nothing else happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i went to an interview actually i passed the test and i was awaiting to get called back to swear in then as i recall i was sent a notice to be finger printed and from there i never followed up do to economical situacion and dont know anything else from there on

So you had a fingerprinting appointment and you never went?

And do you have any criminal issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i dont have any criminal convictions

but i went to the prior finger printings

But you did not go to the new one that they requested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats what i told you from the start i need to know what do you advise before i terminate this conversation

Please be patient, sir. Immigration law is very complicated and I must have the facts clear before I give you an answer because I am sure that you want me to give you a good answer.

So let me get this straight. You filed the N-400, went to the fingerprinting, then went to the interview and passed the tests, then waited for the oath ceremony, then instead you are asked to be fingerprinted again and you didn't go? Or you did go and then after that you never heard anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
not intrested anymoore so i shal quit the conversation

I am trying to determine if they messed up or if they denied the case due to abandonment because you failed to do something. I don't understand why you are getting frustrated. You don't go to a doctor with a problem and expect that the doctor not ask you a series of questions to try to determine the correct course of treatment, do you? I am trying to help. Please help me help you.

In order to help you, I need for you to respond. Please do so because I do want to help. Thank you.