Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Hi, I got cought from immigration officer for fraud marriage.

Hi, I got cought from immigration officer for fraud marriage. I'm admitted that for immigration judge that I did a frauds marriage. Now I'm on removal proceeding case. I will see a a judge on next month.I did it because of I'm a gay. I have a partner now. And we are living together almost 4 years and we will get a real marriage soon.My question is IF one of these day DOMA is struck down and my partner wants to make a petition for me, can I get a green card thru him?

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Unfortunately, no. A fraud marriage is one of the 4 things in U.S. immigration law where there is no waiver or pardon. So in order for you to be able to get Lawful Permanent Residency, the law would have to change in such a way that would erase that issue or allow some waiver or pardon. I am truly sorry.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will go to court for next month with my lawyer and my partner to fight my case base on witholding removal..It seems like my lawyer is still brand new. Can i ask her to file a waive a fraud for me? If yes, i will tell her tomorrow. Thank you
There is no waiver for a fraud marriage. That's what I am trying to tell you. It is one of the four things in U.S. immigration law that not even a U.S. Presidential pardon fixes. I am truly sorry.