Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

i got a citation for selling alcohol to minors, it was one

i got a citation for selling alcohol to minors, it was one of those undercover operations... I checked the ID but i felled to notice she was under 21. will that affect my citizenship?

When did this happen and when was the case closed including time on probation? I had the exact same thing happen to a client of mine that worked at a gas station.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It just happened last month and the court date is Aug. 7 The agent from NC abc said that if i just took the certificate showing that i attended the class to the DA on court day... the case may be dismissed because its my first time. But, i don't know if i need to get a criminal lawyer just to make sure the case get dismissed or what would be the best thing to happen on court day? the will not affect to get my citizenship... Thank you!
Unfortunately, it will affect your U.S. Citizenship application. IF you get it clearly dismissed, you might have a chance to get U.S. Citizenship if you apply now, but I would not take that chance because it is $680. To have the best chance of approval, you should wait 5 years from the date your criminal case closes including any time on probation and you will need to submit CERTIFIED copies of both the police report and the court disposition and you should submit letters from friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, bosses, etc. that talk about your good moral character. This would give you the best chance of approval. If you apply before, there would be a higher chance of denial, less with a full and true dismissal. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. It is VERY important that if you are not satisfied, please ask additional questions. My goal is to provide you with top-notch service. And please don't forget to rate me, but please rate me on my service to you, not the state of the law because I have no control over that. Also, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!