How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Georgetown Lawyer Your Own Question
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Georgetown Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

10 years ago my daughter had to volunteer to leave the US due

Customer Question

10 years ago my daughter had to volunteer to leave the US due to an expired visa .In May this year her 10 year ban was over. She just applied for a visitors visa to the US and was turned down for no reason .Her daughter who is almost 13 was born in the US and lives with me.I am married and i am a citizen of the US.My daughter is a citizen of Belize as her husband is a BELIZIAN.I have travelled back and forth for the past 10 years to visit her,we waited for this time so that she can come to the US TO VIST HER FAMILY.Please advise us as we are longing to see her.Thank you. Distraught
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience....once the 10 year bar is up, it is not automatic that a person will get a visa. It is still at the discretion of the officer at the embassy. The fact that she has a parent and a child living in the u.s. makes her a high risk to come here and not return to Belize in their eyes, so it is unlikely she will be given any kind of temporary visa to come to the u.s., including a visitor visa. She would most likely need to apply for an immigrant visa and that is done by you filing a petition for her green card or waiting for her daughter to turn age 21 to file for her, otherwise she can only try again with the embassy but the results are likely to be the same. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked. Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Georgetown Lawyer and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like you to advise me on what I should do next . Is thereqq I could bring my case to where I could be heard a court perhaps . Or an congressman ? All we want is qfor my daughter to be free to visit her her daughter and her mother and other family members . it seems like she is just cutt of from us and we were told that she could come back after 10 years . Or would thinkn that an attorney would help in these cases. Thank you.
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry but the attorneys on this site do not tell people what to do next. We can only tell you the options and it is up to you to decide what to do. If you want an attorney to help you, do actual work and make decisions with you then you need to go hire an attorney in person. You can find local attorneys at to hire. This site is to ask questions and I honestly do not think that any answer I give will make you happy because the truth is not on your side and I have given you an honest answer. A congressman cannot tell the embassy what to do either but you are free to talk to your local representative. Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your answers. I am surre you have done the best you could ! I will not be needing your service anymore. Please do not charge me anymore fees .
thank you
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
please let customer service know, we experts have nothing to do with that. thanks and good luck.

Related Immigration Law Questions