Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Is my permanent resident alien card((I-551), issued in 1979

Is my permanent resident alien card((I-551), issued in 1979 without an expiration date, still valid for travel out of and into the US?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.

Business Immigration Law :

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Business Immigration Law :

Yes it is valid

Business Immigration Law :

Cards issued between 1977 ad 1986 do not have to be renewed.

Business Immigration Law :

Your card is still valid and you may continue to use it without any problems

Business Immigration Law :

Judith

Business Immigration Law :

what you may have heard is that immigration tried to pass a law to make everyone renew their card but the never passed the law because there was no way that they could handle all the applications from every permanent resident for a new card

Business Immigration Law :

Judith

Business Immigration Law :

I only get paid if you are satisfied with my answer. I only get paid if you ACCEPT.

If I answered your question please leave positive feedback, if I earned a BONUS, it is appreciated.

Please feel free to ask me another question with a new thread – if you’re a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. You can bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askimmigrationlaw/

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.