Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

My perm is denied due to reason that immigration officer called

Customer Question

My perm is denied due to reason that immigration officer called my employer and could able to contact him.My employer got a letter with reason of denial .Certifying officer asked us to file appeal for review with in 30 days.My employer check the phone call they did not received any call or voice message from the immigration officer.I am worried if we file an appeal for review how much time it will taken by the immigration officer to review and come with revised determination.Please wheather my case is denied forever or it will be delayed and take several month to come to revised decision
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.

Business Immigration Law :

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Business Immigration Law :

I am unclear on what was denied.

Business Immigration Law :

PER<

Business Immigration Law :

I-140

Business Immigration Law :

Adjustment of Status

Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My first stage of filing perm in greencard .

Thanks and Regards

Sarabjeet

Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.

Based on what you are saying I think the case has gone to Audit which takes 2 years.

If in fact the PERM was not certified and the lawyer filed an appeal with the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals those are taking 18-24 months.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do to expedite this or to speed up the process.

This process belongs to the employer and you just have to sit back and hope for the best.

Judith

If I answered your question please leave positive feedback, if I earned a BONUS, it is appreciated.

Please feel free to ask me another question with a new thread - if you're a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. You can bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askimmigrationlaw/

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Audit is one which I believe some document is missing or when the case is very complicated.My company attorney told me that this should not take more then 30-60 days for my revised determination.He is sending all the company details and affidavit to

immigration officer.Since he filed me in EB2 category and my case will handle by merit wise.Do you have some more opinion about it.Please give me urs suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarabjeet Singh

Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.

It is possible that your attorney has asked for reconsideration and that is not an audit nor is it an appeal.

It is a process where the attorney points out an error made by the DOL and asks them to look further into their decision.

If that is what he did then that indeed does take only 1-2 months.

Judith

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Exactly !!!! He is requesting them to reconsider my application for the wrong dicision made by the DOL. and he is sending all the phone records and no phone message proving for no call from immigration officer.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarabjeet Singh

Expert:  Judith replied 2 years ago.

OK, it appears you have a very good lawyer.

Judith