Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of immigration and nationality law.

Please tell me all the supporting documents I need to file

Please tell me all the supporting documents I need to file with my I-295f so that it will be complete and accurate. Also I need to know what my English fiance needs to file with his K1 visa application. Which ones do I need to complete and do I mail them directly to him or to the embassy in London or what?? I know the instructions also tell me to complete the G-325A for both me and my fiance for the I-295f. Does he fill his out and mail to me or can I complete it for him?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.
QUESTION: Please tell me all the supporting documents I need to file with my I-295f so that it will be complete and accurate.
ANSWER: Submit the following:

• Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianceé(e), with the filing fee in the amount of $340;
  • Petitioner’s G-325A and passport-style photos;
  • Copies of the Petitioner’s birth certificate and passport;
  • Petitioner’s declaration of meeting Beneficiary in person in the last two years;
  • Petitioner’s original statement certifying his intent to marry Beneficiary within 90 days of entering the US;
  • Beneficiary’s G-325A and passport-style photos;
  • Copies of the Beneficiary’s birth certificate, proof of legal name change, and passport;
  • Copes of any divorce decrees, if applicable
  • Beneficiary’s declaration of meeting Petitioner in person in the last two years;
  • Beneficiary’s original statement certifying intent to marry Petitioner within 90 days of entering the US;
  • Photos of Petitioner and Beneficiary together and with family, including details (on back); telephone and email records showing ongoing relationship, if available
  • Petitioner’s and Beneficiary's travel and accommodation documents for trips/vacations taken throughout the relationship, if available
  • etc.

QUESTION: Also I need to know what my English fiance needs to file with his K1 visa application
ANSWER: Once approved, you and your fiance will receive direct instructions on what he must supply for the K1 visa application. They include:

• Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate).
  • One (1) Nonimmigrant Fianceé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K (Do not use the DS-160. This confuses lots of folks.)
  • One (1) Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230. Only fill Part 1.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • I-693, Medical examination
  • Form I-134, Affidavit of Support (Petitioner provides this)
  • Two passport photos
  • Evidence of relationship with Petitioner (same supporting documents you provided with the I-129F

QUESTION: Which ones do I need to complete and do I mail them directly to him or to the embassy in London or what?
ANSWER: You submit the I-129F petition and supporting documents to the USCIS in the US. The address is provided on the instructions for the I-129F.

QUESTION: I know the instructions also tell me to complete the G-325A for both me and my fiance for the I-295f. Does he fill his out and mail to me or can I complete it for him?
ANSWER: He fills it, signs it, and mails it to you for submission.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please remember to click the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we Experts get credit for working on your questions.

Note that we Experts are here to provide you with the most honest, accurate, and truthful information that we have available, even if it is not what you want to hear. If you need clarification, please do not leave negative feedback. Instead, please feel free to ask follow-up questions, and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Also consider leaving me a BONUS and some positive feedback - both are much appreciated.

Finally, if you have any future immigration or TSA related questions, put [b ]"TO LONGHORN LAWYER" in the subject line or the beginning of the question, or go directly to my profile to ask your questions: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-longhornlawyer.

Thank you!
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of immigration and nationality law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are going to go ahead and fill out the forms and gather the supporting documents for his K1 Visa. If he goes ahead and gets these completed before the I-295f is approved, can we go ahead and send them to the embassy awaiting this, or what is your advice to speed the process up?
No. He is not eligible to apply for the visa until the I-129F is approved, and he has been told by the national visa center and the US consulate that he is eligible to apply for the visa.

This takes around 5 months.

The only way to speed up the process is to get all of th documentation together and have it prepared for when he is notified that he can apply for the visa.

Thank you!
Expert James, Immigration Attorney