Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I got my green card in 2007 (E27) and was divorced in 2009

I got my green card in 2007 (E27) and was divorced in 2009 - we were both from Caanda and had been married since 2002. I remarried an American citizen in June 2011 and was filling an E90 on line for my name on my green card since I will be eligible to become a citizen this year. Does my divorce affect my green card since I already had it??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

No you received permanent resident without conditions so your divorce 2 years after you received your status through your husband will not affect your lawful status.

Judith

Please feel free to ask me another question with a new thread - if you're a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. Please bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askimmigrationlaw/

I am happy to answer follow-up questions for you at no additional cost.

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

Expert:  Judith replied 4 years ago.

Judith