How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107299
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband marry me under false pretense to obtain his green

Resolved Question:

my husband marry me under false pretense to obtain his green card. I found this out 18 months later after he has gotten the green card. Can his green card be revoked or cancelled
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Is it a 10 year card or a 2 year card? And what evidence do you have that he only married you for the green card?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He is currently seeing another lady and ask me for a devorce. The church try to get him to change his mind but he is very reluctant in his request
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, but is it a 2 year card or 10 year card? And what other evidence do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

He has a 10 year card. No further tangibile evidence outside of him been unfaithful

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Then it is going to be extremely hard for him to lose that green card. Why? Because the penalty for marriage fraud is very very harsh. It is one of the 4 things in immigration law that not even a U.S. Presidential pardon can fix. The penalty for engaging in marriage fraud is deportation and NEVER being able to ever get Residency again. Not even if he marries another U.S. Citizen for real, and not even if he has many U.S. Citizen children. So because the penalty is so severe, the evidence against him has to be strong. If you still want to make the report, you can go to and either call the 866 number at the top right of the page or click on that link to make the report online. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets all of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What if he has a 2 years green card would it be any different? In additional, after we were married and green card was issued I found out that he has married twice to obtain green card. I was his third wife and he is currently still married to the first wife. The married was not dissolved. There is no devorce record on file for the first marriage.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Yes because he would have to prove that his marriage was legitimate. After he gets his 10 year card, he doesn't have to do that again unless the evidence against him is very strong. HOWEVER, if you can prove that he was never divorced, then there is no basis for him to have a green card and he can lose it. But usually they ask for certified copies of previous divorces. So if you can find the marriage certificate or certificates and provide ICE with that evidence, then they will reopen his case and make him prove that he got a divorce before marrying you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and please do not forget to click accept. Thank you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions