Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

What is Visa Type R and Class B1/B2?

What is Visa Type R and Class B1/B2? What is the maximum time allowed to stay in USA for Visa type is (R B1/B2)?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 years ago.
The "R" in visa type indicates that you are a "regular" not "diplomatic" traveler.

Class B1/B2 is the status on which you will enter the US. A B1 visitor visa is meant for business visitors, and a B2 status is for visitors for pleasure/tourism.

The visa does not indicate how long you can stay in the US. This is determined by the officer who inspected you at the port of entry, and is indicated on the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.

Generally, the maximum time allowed in the US as a B1/B2 visitor visa is 6 months.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please remember to click the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we Experts get credit for working on your questions.

Note that we Experts are here to provide you with the most honest, accurate, and truthful information that we have available, even if it is not what you want to hear. If you need clarification, please do not leave negative feedback. Instead, please feel free to ask follow-up questions, and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Also consider leaving me a BONUS and some positive feedback - both are much appreciated.

Finally, if you have any future immigration or TSA related questions, put [b ]"TO LONGHORN LAWYER" in the subject line or the beginning of the question, or go directly to my profile to ask your questions:

Thank you!