Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My petition I-130 Married son of U.S. Citizen was approved

My petition I-130 Married son of U.S. Citizen was approved in May, 2010 and now it is under post decision activity. Do I have any abilities to accelerate these activities?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
What country are you from? And it was your U.S. Citizen parent that filed for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm US Citizen & I filed this petition for my son which is Israel Citizen.

Ok, take a look at this link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5560.html

Family- Sponsored

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed

CHINA- mainland born

INDIA

MEXICO

PHILIPPINES

F1

15JUN04

15JUN04

15JUN04

22MAR93

08JAN97

F2A *

08JAN09

08JAN09

08JAN09

15OCT08

08JAN09

F2B

15JUL03

15JUL03

15JUL03

22NOV92

01MAY01

F3

08SEP01

08SEP01

08SEP01

01DEC92

08JUN92

F4

15MAY00

15MAY00

15MAY00

08APR96

01AUG88

He is under the 3rd preference, and you will see that the date there is 08SEP01. This means that only I-130s filed on or before September 8, 2001 can now be used to immigrate to the U.S. This is a waiting line. There is nothing in the law that allows anyone to jump ahead of anyone else in line not even in the case of an emergency. So unfortunately, assuming that the priority date is in 2009 or 2010, he still has about an 8 or 9 year wait or so until 2001 gets to 2009 or 2010. Until that time, he will not be able to immigrate using that petition. I am truly sorry. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets all of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.