Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

How do I address a Lawyer in the salutation of a letter Thank

How do I address a Lawyer in the salutation of a letter?
Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 years ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Generally lawyers have no special title.

Dear Mr. or Ms or Mrs. and the last name is XXXXX XXXXX is required.

Unlike in Europe where attorney's are given the title of Dr. the US does not have that distinction.

Judith

If I answered your question and you agree with the below, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

I am happy to answer follow-up questions for you at no additional cost.

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.