Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

how long would it take to file for a married child . A permanent resident applying for her

Customer Question

how long would it take to file for a married child?. A permanent resident applying for her children married and unmarried.
Submitted: 5 years ago via ForeignBorn.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 years ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

You cannot apply for married children unless you are a US citizen.

What country were the children born?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

children was born in Guyana S.A, if until i am a US citizen, which will be next year. How long from then would it take to get the married children to join me in the USA.

Thank you for you answer to my first question.

Expert:  Judith replied 5 years ago.

It will take 10 years from the time you file the petition to the time they will have their immigrant visa interview.

Currently they are working on

If I answered your question and you agree with the below, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

I am happy to answer follow-up questions for you at no additional cost.

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.